PUBG Mobile is arguably the most popular battle royale in the mobile gaming world, and for a good reason. It’s fun as hell and lets players have the authentic PUBG experience on their smartphones.
But it hasn’t been perfect. PUBG Mobile always lacked a bit of polish and optimization, and it’s fallen behind its predecessor in terms of content. Thankfully, that’s about to change in the latest patch.
Here’s a list of everything that’s being added, tweaked, and changed, and when we can expect the patch to drop.
Erangel has been the most prominent and iconic map on PUBG since day one. But it received a complete overhaul on PC and Console, and now some of those changes are finally happening on PUBG Mobile as well.
The revamped version of the map will feature all-new elements such as trenches, tree-trunk barriers, abandoned tanks, and bunkers. This will help players come up with new strategies and tactics. Many buildings and shelters around the map are also being changed and improved.
There will also be some changes to large resource points. Popular places like Mansion, Military Base, Mine Zone, Mylta Power, Prison, and Sosnovka have been reworked to make their loot, gear, and resources rebalanced.
And of course, the graphics and visuals on the map have been revamped from the ground up. An upgraded lighting system will help make the environment look more realistic, and players will be able to see reflections and shadows a lot better. Models and textures have also been significantly improved, and an optional Ultra HUD function will also be available.
All in all, the changes to the map will help make it look much better without spoiling the fluid combat and gameplay.
Another important change is the addition of a new and improved anti-cheat system. It boasts an impressive list of upgrades, including improved striking against Auto-Aim, Cheat M, Cheat Z, and Grass Hack.
The new anti-cheat system will also crackdown on Chat Channel Cheating Promotions and Ranked TDM. It will also fix engine security issues, optimize the impact of security monitoring on performance, optimize and tighten the process and tools of security protocols, and add a better replay review and spectating systems.
PUBG Mobile’s latest update will also add a small list of additional features. This includes the addition of an all-new semi-automatic shotgun exclusive to Livik, as well as an event called Beyond A.C.E Themed Gameplay that can be activated after meeting certain conditions in combat.
It will also improve the Cheer Park: Training Ground and add both a Halloween Theme and a Halloween Infection Mode on October 23. And last but not least, it will also bring back the popular Payload Mode.
PUBG Mobile’s latest update will reportedly be around 1.5 GB on Android devices and 1.0 GB on iOS devices. That’s not too bad considering how much the patch is adding to the game.
Naturally, you’ll be able to download the latest version on the Google Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices once it goes live. Unfortunately, players in India won’t be able to join after the government banned PUBG Mobile along with 117 other apps. But you may use VPN services to continually play PUBG Mobile on MEmu.
PUBG Mobile v1.0 patch notes
The complete patch notes can be found on the official PUBG Mobile website. An abbreviated list can be found below.
- All-new Visuals
Updated the sky, land, water, and vegetation to be more realistic and detailed
- Building Changes
Changed the structure of some buildings.
- Large Resource Point Changes
- Mylta Power: Mylta Power has been remodeled with a new building layout to make resource points closer to one another for more unexpected developments in battle.
- Quarry: Improved the terrain structure, adjusted the layout of buildings, added 7 new large warehouses, and added landing points for even more looting options.
- Prison: Adjusted the terrain structure to add more walls in the surroundings. Adjusted some building layouts to give everyone new tactical options.
- Adjustments to other resource points in the Play Zone: Added a number of resource points in the Play Zone.
- New Map Elements
Added trenches, wooden barricades, abandoned tanks, and constructions as cover to create a more compelling battlefield atmosphere across Erangel which will make new tactics and strategies possible.
- Building Structure Changes
Adjusted the structure of some urban areas to give players an even better experience when attacking and defending. Some buildings now feature basements, and players will have to smash the wooden door of the basements with their weapons before they can enter.
- New firearm: M1014
- All-new semi-automatic shotgun. Load up to 7 rounds for outstanding close-quarters combat experience.
- It can be equipped with the Shotgun Muzzle or Bullet Loop attachment and is currently the most efficient Shotgun to use in combat.
- Ammo can be manually reloaded which allows everyone to adapt to emergencies that might catch you by surprise.
- Only appears on Livik on the Classic Battle Royale Map and Arena, along with other shotguns.
- Visual Effects Improvements
- Improved accuracy of rock textures with smoother graphics.
- Improved display of water textures with smoother graphics.
- Improved display of details when Monster Truck is seen from a distance.
- Improved display of waterfalls with smoother graphics.
- Improved close-up display of waterfalls.
- Improved effects during landing.
- Stage Balancing Adjustments
- Reduced advantages of the scaffolding opposite the waterfall.
- Increased water depth above the waterfall.
- Slightly increased the density of vegetation in the upper left area.
- The large boat is replaced with a speedboat, which refreshes, and can be used in narrow waterways.
- Minor changes to supply drops.
- Adjusted grass distribution.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed bugs with clipping, floating objects, and gaps in the terrain.
- Fixed a problem with Monster Truck becoming stuck in walls.
- Fixed a problem with trees disappearing.
Beyond A.C.E.-Themed Gameplay
- Some mysterious Energy Towers survived the Implosion and remain on Erangel. Players will be able to redeem supplies at these Energy Towers by meeting certain conditions in combat.
- During the event, players have a chance to enter this mode during Erangel matchmaking in Classic Mode.
Payload 2.0 (coming soon)
Payload Mode is back with all-new improvements!
- Fully armed vehicles, including the new armed helicopter, will provide massive firepower for you and your squad. Take the base and find the brand new Super Weapon Crates to gain heavy weaponry and new powerful items. Finally, the Advanced Communication Towers will allow players to recall defeated teammates which can turn the tide of battle.
- All-new armed vehicles: armed UAZ, Dacia, Buggy, and Pickup
- New heavy weaponry: AT4-A laser-guided missile and M202 four-barreled rocket launcher.
- New items: UAV controller, man-portable radar, bomb suit.
Halloween Infection Mode (available from October 23)
- Infection Mode is back!
- Zombies wear Halloween masks, with new atmospheric decorations, including jack-o’-lanterns, gravestones, and candles.