The much-awaited Free Fire OB39 update is just around the corner as the developers recently confirm the March 22nd, 2023 release date. The upcoming update will bring a tonne of new features to the game including new game modes, new pets, guns, and much more. The developers have brought multiple quality-of-life improvements alongside several new features in both BR and CS modes.
Character and Pet Updates in Free Fire OB39 update
Changes to Character and Pet Mechanics
Abilities are one of the most recognizable things in Free Fire and Garena has assured all players to experience using their character’s abilities in a smoother way. Here are the key highlights of the changes coming to Character and Pet Mechanics:
- All characters can be obtained using Gold.
- Character and pet skills are obtained directly at maximum power. Levels no longer affect skill attributes.
- Changing the character will only affect appearance. To quickly change the combination of skills, you can change it through your skill presets. You can change character skill in preset.
- The character page now contains a custom section.
- Default. You can change up to 5 preset combos here, including character appearance, character skills, pet skills, and equipment.
- You can link Presets to details in various modes (Battle Royale, Contra Squad, Gladiators, etc). The default will be
automatically used for this mode,
- You can copy and paste preset codes (either someone else’s or your own) into the new slot, or you can use the recommended presets.
- You can view the character list by pressing your character. We also added artistic skins for different characters.
- The VINCULO system will no longer be available. Your character’s Bond will now be sent to you within 10 business days of updating to the new OB39 version
Image via Garena
Changes to the Pet System
The pet system is now part of the character version.
- You can now hide your pet during the game. (Once set, your pet will be automatically hidden during the match; there is no need to repeat it again.)
- Pet levels changed from 7 to 4 (only reward levels still exist). The total rewards have not changed and data from the previous tier will be forwarded.
Awakening the Character will be easier
- Get quest progress only by using the skills of the character you want to awaken.
- Quests will not be updated daily, so progress collected will not be lost.
- Less gold will be needed to upgrade quests.
Character Skill changes
Here’s how the skills of the following characters will look after the Free Fire update in March 2023:
- Ford: Restores HP points for a few seconds after damage.
- Xtrema: Increases HP and recovery effectiveness when using skills.
- Diana: Increases fire rate and movement speed after defeating enemies in matches.
- Otho: Creates a field that slows and marks enemies when Otho or the enemy is knocked down.
- Alok: will recover 3 HP for 10 seconds.
New Character in Free Fire OB39 update: Orion
Orion is someone struggling to find his identity in a world that has taken everything he has. Your journey is the journey of someone looking for their place in this world. Its ability called the Purple Wave, keeps users immune to damage for some time and absorbs their enemies’ HP.
Image via Garena
Orion has the Crimson Energy talent, which allows him to unleash power to make him immune to damage for a while and absorb HP from enemies, this energy gives Orion an advantage and more opportunities.
New Awakened Character in Free Fire OB39 update: Alvaro
Alvaro will also get the ability to divide grenades into three portions after they are hurled, each of which deals 30% more damage than the original grenade. Currently, grenade damage is enhanced by 20%; however, after the revisions, this damage will rise by 30%.
Free Fire OB39 update: Battle Royale changes
New in-game Mission: Mission Time
The quest will appear during the match. Players will start the event after completing the challenge. All missions and events are random. Some matches will have hidden quests, and the quest in question will automatically start after the challenge ends.
Super Revive feature
Activate the super revive card to return your friends in the match and for them to get better equipment when they return.
Daily missions in Contra Squad
Complete daily quests to earn rewards:
- Earn Protection Points for your first Booyah in Ranked CS.
- Complete daily missions in ranked CS to earn rank tokens.
Map Changes in Free Fire OB39 update
Alpine is coming back to Ranked mode
Garena has confirmed that the Alpine map is making a comeback in the Free Fire ranked mode. The map will arrive along with the new Free Fire OB39 update on March 22, 2023. One of the most popular Free Fire maps, Alpine, was released in January 2022 and offers characteristics that draw players, like trains, helicopters, mountains, military bases, ships, wind energy, unique textures, and exclusive buildings that stand out from the previous Battle Royale maps. Moreover, every weekend, there will be a map that will not subtract points (except Bermuda).
Additions and Optimizations in OB39 update
Optimization of the Replay Function
Optimization for Watching Videos
- The number of rounds is indicated on the progress bar. You can press it to go round.
- Pause function is now available.
- After exiting the recording page, you are returned to the list of recordings.
- You can enable lobby recording through settings. Once you’ve done that, a recording panel will appear on your screen.
- The recording size is 2.4MB/5MB, and the recording will be automatically saved in your device’s album.
- Only available on iOS systems.
Group Voice Chat
Now you can choose voice chat channel: group or all. For groups, conversations with your friends will not be heard by anyone else. At the same time, you won’t be able to hear people talking in all modes. ON the other hand, while standing on the gel wall, pressing the jump button will display a notification saying you cannot jump.
Image via Garena
Other Changes to Free Fire in OB39 update
- UI optimization for Battle Royale and Contra Squad results in pages.
- The new Battle Royale leaderboard lets you know the status of your teammates. In multiplayer, you can view the score by pressing the team panel. This feature is disabled by default.
- Change the display position of the remaining number of players on the Battle Royale plane so that players who open the map can still see the number.
- Zoom optimization when zooming the Battle Royale map, to make the operation smoother.
- Item wheel optimization for ease of use.
- More detailed scores will be shown on the results page.
- Optimization for auto-download: auto-download will pause during gameplay and restart after match ends.
- Special items will be more visible on the minimap.
Finally, the Free Fire March 2023 update will go live from 01:00 am this Wednesday, March 22nd and is scheduled to end at 10:00 am. During this period, Garena’s battle royale will have the servers closed for maintenance.
Discover More about MEmu Play
Garena Free Fire