PUBG Mobile or BGMI, one of the world’s most popular mobile video games, has officially released its new Version 1.9.0 Update, bringing the festivities to Erangel and Livik as it celebrates its 4th Anniversary.
A new floating gameplay mode in the sky, new themed camps, vehicles, and more are now available to players. Players will also have a chance to get a new X-Suit, enjoy a new Season and Royale Pass Month, and experience the new collaboration with the massively multiplayer online game Warframe.
Battle in the sky on the new Aerial Battlefield
To begin with, players leaving Spawn Island and dropping into the battlefield will now be able to battle in the sky on the new Aerial Battlefield. At the beginning of each match, players have the option to jump into a vibrant Aerial Battlefield, transform into colorful puppets, and collect rich and radiant resources.
Successful enemy hits will inflate their puppet heads and sustain the floating battlefield but hitting teammates will deflate it and drop the battlefield close to the ground. Time is of the essence, as the Aerial Battlefield only lasts for five minutes at the start of each match. However, the vibrant aerial battleground is only available in the first 5 minutes of matches.
New colorful bicycles are now available in the game
For those on the ground, there is a new way to travel. New folding mountain bikes can be found and used as a one-person vehicles. Players can put this silent bike, which doesn’t need refueling or recharging, in their Backpack and take it out later when they need to get around in a hurry.
Spawn Island is also getting a splash of new color. Players can find four different types of Colored Balls that can be used to dye certain buildings. Players will get a vibrant Spawn Island the next time they log in to the game! In themed mode, Colored Balls can also be used to summon four different giant statues, which when summoned together will put on a special performance.
New Camps in PUBG Mobile or BGMI 1.9.0 March update
Players will also discover a number of new camps in Erangel and Livik, containing valuable supplies, weapons, and more. The Vibrant Plaza and Vibrant Camp, two new resource camps, will now appear on both maps. In the larger Vibrant Plaza, players can check out the Bicycle Exhibit and other special anniversary areas. In the Vibrant Camp, players can see memory exhibits voted on by the community, collect combat supplies, souvenirs, and exclusive season memories.
Military Camps, which include scanning stations that give players the opportunity to find the location of nearby vehicles, and Firearms Depots, holding valuable supplies, can now also be found in both maps.
New Royal Arena mode and other mode improvements
In Royale Arena: Assault mode, the Playzone appears randomly in different areas and can suddenly turn into a combat zone. Strong teamwork and quick reactions are essential as the team that completes the elimination goal first will be the winner. This fast-paced action is available beginning April 07th, 2022 in Erangel and Livik.
Moreover, there will be some classic mode improvements. A Recall Tower has been added in certain game modes that allow players to recall eliminated teammates, giving them a second chance for success on the battlefield. This will be available in Unranked Mode – Erangel, Unranked Mode – Livik, Unranked Mode – Aftermath, Ranked Mode – Erangel Vibrant Anniversary, Ranked Mode – Livik Vibrant Anniversary.
PUBG Mobile Version 1.9 Update will bring Cycle 2 Season 5
This update also introduces Cycle 2 Season 5. A whole new set of Legendary rewards are available including Glasses, Set, Parachute, MK14, Mask, and Cover. New 4th Anniversary-themed missions will also be available, allowing players to unlock commemorative titles and exclusive rewards through collecting souvenirs.
Other updates include the adjustment of Ranked Classic Mode team ranges, Season Tokens that can now be obtained through activity in Ranked Matches, and changes to the shop and season purchase limit.
Royale Pass Month 9: Cosmic Clash begins with legendary rewards
New content is coming to Royale Pass Month with Month 9: Cosmic Clash. Work through the ranks and unlock the Wukong Prime Set, Fluorescent Flash Set, and the themed PP-19 Bizon, Kar98K, and QBZ finishes!
Players can unlock these rewards and also earn a free RP Voucher (60 UC) for the next Royale Pass Month, Micro Battle, by participating in the server-wide Golden Chicken event. This new Royale Pass begins March 22nd and ends April 19th, 2022.
PUBG Mobile x Warframe collaboration brings new Silvanus X-Suit
PUBG Mobile or BGMI 1.9 Update also introduces the new Silvanus X-Suit. Find Silvanus on Spawn Island in Erangel with exclusive Emotes, X-Elements, and abilities!
A new Warframe collaboration is coming to PUBG Mobile, this time with the massively multiplayer online game Warframe. Players can currently enjoy a special Warframe preview event that features a series of challenges to complete in order to obtain skin. Players can also look forward to obtaining exclusive skins as well as an additional event as part of the Version 1.9 update, with details to be revealed soon.
Balance Adjustments and Optimizations in PUBG Mobile or BGMI 1.9.0 update
Updated the bridge that leads to the Military Base in Erangel, widened the width and updated the amount of cover, and added additional walkways to the sides of the bridge to allow for more strategic depth.
- Reduced the frequency of the countdown reminder in the Playzone to minimize interference.
- Added a feature that allows players to close the Backpack by tapping the rubbish bin icon in the lower right corner of the Backpack screen.
- Players can now adjust the viewing angle when holding the prone, crouch, and jump buttons.
- Improved the display effects of quick marks at the edge of the screen.
- Improved cancelling universal marks and the quick voice wheel.
- Supports default weapon switching for more convenient weapon switching in the water.
- Firearm attachments can now be replaced while reloading to help players improve their response efficiency.
- Improved the Climb feature. Players can now hold the Jump button when approaching cover to automatically climb over them, which also makes it easier to climb through windows.
- Improved players’ experience when jumping over or climbing through things to make the flow of action smoother.
- Added the Horizontal Swipe Acceleration switch to the Controls tab. When this is disabled, the panning speed of the viewing angle is fixed.
- Improved the display effects of ammo pickup configuration of AC firearms in Aftermath Mode.
- Improved players’ experience when uploading and searching for sensitivity loadouts.
Map Improvements: Aftermath
- Updated the appearance of ziplines and the animation when using them to make it smoother to use.
- Improved the color-changing effect on the crosshair of firearm sights.
- Improved the handling of shotguns, restoring the screenshake that sometimes triggers after firing.
Cheer Park Upgrade
Cheer Park has been completely redesigned with a brand new look! Play now for more fun and excitement!
- New racing gameplay: Support for two-player racing and a variety of different vehicles to choose from.
- Moved the Shooting Range to an indoor environment. Each player will now have their own room when training in the Shooting Range and won’t be disturbed by other players.
- New hoverboard platforms and viewing platforms.
- Fine-tuned system mechanics: Players can now choose to intelligently reduce ambient noise, reduce the volume of other players’ gun sounds, improve the pathfinding mechanism, etc. Vehicles in the practice area will no longer be damaged, and they will return automatically if they have been driven out of the practice area.
- Locations of Supply Shops on the map have been adjusted and the amount of Supply Shops has increased so that players can more easily find them.
- The items being sold in Supply Shops have been updated. In Erangel, the AWM, GROZA, and Ghillie Suit have been removed, while the Flare Gun and more have been added. In Livik, the AWM and Ghillie Suit have been removed, while the AUG and more have been added.
- The cost of items in Supply Shops have been adjusted for better balance.
Affected Maps: Unranked Mode – Erangel, Unranked Mode – Livik, Unranked Mode – Aftermath, Ranked Mode – Erangel Vibrant Anniversary, Ranked Mode – Livik Vibrant Anniversary
- Added the Clan Announcements feature to make it easier for the Clan Leader/Co-leader to issue Clan Announcements.
- Added a Collect All feature for Clan Perks to make it more convenient for players to collect Clan Perks.
Metro Royale: Reunion
Availability: March 28 at 2:00–May 10 at 23:59 (UTC+0).
- Balance Adjustments: Rebalanced the core aspects of bullet penetration and anti-penetration so that items with these properties can perform better in battle. Adjusted the properties of Armor Chips to further increase their defensive capabilities.
- New weapon: FAMAS. This firearm can be purchased from the Black Market or obtained from the map.
- This mode will be removed on March 15 23:59 (UTC+0).
Basic Security Content
Fog of War Anti-Cheat System
- To more thoroughly combat wall hacks, the Fog of War Anti-Cheat System will be implemented in some Arena Maps and some Classic Modes and rolled out via dark launch.
- Added a feature that can be used to change the email address and mobile phone number. After an email address and mobile phone number have been used to complete the verification, players can change and link a new email address and mobile phone number.
- Increased the Merit penalty for hurting teammates, which increases with each occurrence.
- Players who have maintained full Merit for a long time will receive exclusive space gift rewards.
- Refined the display of promotional content on the home page.
- Improved the challenge missions of Investigators and how they gain EXP.
- Added a historical data display for Investigators.
Separation of Matchmaking Modes
- Expanded the scope of restrictions of the safety observation period: Users who are under safety observation cannot participate in sponsored tournaments.
Other Updates and Improvements
- Added new anniversary celebration gameplay achievements. Complete missions to get exclusive limited-time achievements.
- Adjusted the display of the MVP screen and friend screen in some modes.
- Added a feature to view the status of progress missions and collect rewards from the mission result panel in the new Progress Missions system.
- Added information about recently added point-scoring rules to the results screen.
- Improved the jump logic to make the jumping experience smoother.
- Improved the shadows of characters, as well as the quality of characters’ shadows in the lobby.
- Improved the backend touch processing to make Aftermath Livik play and control more smoothly on low-end devices.
- Improved the firearm firing process to make firing smoother in Aftermath.
- Fixed an issue that caused frame rate instability when using 90FPS high frame rate on some Qualcomm Snapdragon chip devices.
- Added Dolby Atmos support to Arena. Improved the accuracy of locating enemies based on firearm and footstep sounds and improved the audio quality.
- Improved vehicle finishes to give them separate settings. Each vehicle model can be equipped with up to 3 finishes so that players can use any of the equipped finishes when driving the corresponding vehicle in a match.
- Clearing Resources Improvements: When device storage is low, players will be guided to free up resources to clear space on the device. Sorted out the storage clean-up list to mark infrequently used resources.
- Fixed the issue of being unable to complete the mission for the achievement Threat From Above when dropping in on the designated location in Miramar.
- Fixed the issue where the camera would occasionally move up when getting eliminated.
- Fixed the issue where firearm sound effects would occasionally not play.
- Fixed the issue where hit effects would fail to display properly when spectating.
- Fixed the issue where the BP, EXP, and text would fail to display properly in the Career Results.
- Fixed the issue where the crosshair would sometimes move about on iPhone 13 Pro devices.
- Fixed the issue where the ASM Abakan would fail to display properly when resources haven’t been downloaded.
- Fixed the issue where resources would continue to show as not being downloaded after finishing downloading them.