Punishing Gray Raven is a fast-paced ultra-stylish hack and slash Action RPG developed and published by a Hong Kong-based company Kuro Technology co Ltd. With the release in July, players can now download it via Google play Or App Store. In this Punishing Gray Raven beginners guide, players will learn about basic strategies, tips, and tricks to get started with the game’s basic mechanics.
The Earth is conquered by a robotic army and warped by a biomechanical virus known as The Punishing result in the extinction of humankind. The last survivors have escaped the orbit. After years of preparation, the Gray Raven Special Forces unit leads the mission to reclaim their lost homeworld. In this whole mission, the player is the leader who creates the powerful soldiers and battles to reclaim their land.
In this game, the players will experience features like:
- Directly control the squad members in real-time 3D battles where players can master each character’s special moves.
- Explore the ruined world and take the battle against the Corrupted to harsh polar battlefields and even beyond Earth’s gravity in a continually expanding cinematic story.
- Explore stunning soundtrack from ambient, atmospheric tracks to pounding drum and bass.
Punishing Gray Raven Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
1. Understand the Constructs
In Punishing: Gray Raven, players have to unlock many different characters, which is called constructs. The character’s main goal is to obey the orders and defeat opponents and have unique skills, stats, styles, and properties. Despite the difference, they land into one of these three categories:
- Attacker: These types of characters have huge offensive potential and have the specialty to deal more damage in a shorter time.
- Tank: These types of characters trade in the offence for good survivability. They are strong with the skills to absorb much damage without falling.
- Support: These types of characters are buffers and healers whose main purpose is to support their team.
These categories determine the role of the characters. Apart from this, every character can deal with different elemental damage, such as Physical, Thunder, Fire, and Dark. For example, 50 percent Physical and 50 percent Fire, which will determine the performance of the Construct in combat.
2. Know when to upgrade and gear characters
Now that players know about the Constructs, they should consider focusing on the significant resources required to unleash their full potential. There are several ways to upgrade the characters in this game, which requires specific resources depending on the type of upgrade:
- Upgrade: For levelling up their characters, players can use construct Exp. pods in the section to level them and increase their stats in the process.
- Promote: Now that characters have fulfilled certain conditions, players can now invest resources to promote them and increase their stats permanently while adding a white star to their rank per promotion.
- Evolve: In this section, players can use character shards to evolve their characters permanently while increasing their rank and elevating their potential.
- Skill: Players can use Cogs to commit their character’s skill points to specific skills, increasing their effectiveness in combat.
Apart from these upgrades, players can provide characters with memories. These memories can grant different bonuses, depending on the type and the slot in which players equip them. Aside from memories, characters also handle different weapons, which also come in different types and qualities. Players have to focus on these tips to prevent damage.
3. Complete all the Quests and Missions
Every game has a path to follow, such as missions, tasks, objectives, quests, or more. These quests provide bonuses and rewards, which help players to move forward in the game.
It is a 7-day event with a one-time limit. Newbies with enough gear and resources can start these missions and earn rewards to level up their game.
The Mentor-student system is a great way through which players can improve the power of the heroes. Whenever players choose mentors, they automatically give a list of objectives attached to this bond. After players complete the mission, the students receive rewards, and one of the rewards can be memories up to 5* in rarity.
These tasks are divided into two categories:
- Stage Missions: If players level up to 45, they receive six memories and five weapons. There are other tasks as well, such as Warzone, Pain cage, guild-boss stage, Weekly bounty chests, Student Missions. Players will only receive the reward if they complete the mission at one time.
- Assignments: Players will receive six weapons up to reach level 45. Other tasks include Memory Rescue 10, Get an SSS character, One Hero liberation, Complete stronghold 3-3, Reach 1 million in level 80-120 Pain cage
These missions appear on a daily basis, which includes Logging in each day, Spending stamina, Completing co-op mode at least once, Spending one black card, and Completing Pain cage 3x.
These missions appear on a weekly basis, which includes Completing Warzone 1-12x, Completing Pain cage 1-12x, 200,000 points in Pain cage, 200,000 points in Warzone, and Sparring with guild boss 3x.
These missions include Boss Mission on Chaos Difficulty (Pain Cage) and Upgrading Dorm Furniture Once.
The affection mechanic is for the players who want additional information about the heroes like voice lines, juicy secrets, and a bit more about their affection story. Players can purchase these gifts to increase their affection for the Heroines.
These warzone mechanics force players to go out for an adventure during different weathers like Fire, Lightning, and more. In the Warzone missions, players can do only one type of weather mission during that day and other types of weather cycles on the next day. In this Mechanics, players have to go through three stages
Players have to complete the simple task of killing their opponents, which will lead to slowly depleting their health. The second and third rounds have the same task. Instead of bleeding, players have to kill as many enemies in 2 minutes. That means the higher the number of monsters players kill, the more score and rewards they will receive.
In the pain cage mechanics, players have to fight with a group of 3 monsters each cycle. This mode will reward players with the fastest finish and health.
Punishing Gray Raven guide: Best characters ranked
Best characters in Punishing Gray Raven
The following are the overview of the best champions in Punishing Gray raven that ranks characters in these Tiers S tier(best), A Tier(good), B Tier(average), C Tier (not good).
Tier S (best)
- Kamui Dark Energon is a tank-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 50% PHY, 50%Dark. His specialty is Mixed Damage (Able to inflict PHY and Elemental DMG), Form (Switch: Signature move can switch attacking forms).
- Liv La Paix is a support-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. His specialty is Heal (has ally healing skills), Members Damage Reduction (Signature move can reduce the damage taken by allies)
- Lee Random is an attacker-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. His specialty is Combo (easy to deal high combo DMG), PHY DMG (Skill combinations are powerful).
- Karenina Ember is an attacker-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 30% PHY, 70% Fire. Specialty in Melee (has strong area attack ability), Mixed DMG (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG).
- Nanami Pulse is a tank-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 50% PHY, 50% Fire. Specialty in Mixed Damage (able to deal PHY and elemental damage), Resistance Reduction (able to reduce primary resistance of enemies).
Tier A (good)
- Bianca Zero is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. Specialty in Duel (has strong single ATK ability), Energy Boost (has a shorter cooldown time)
- Karenina Blaster is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 80% PHY, 20% Fire. Specialty in Mixed Damage (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG), Form Switch (Signature move can switch attacking forms).
- Watanabe Pulsatina is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. Specialty in Duel (has strong single attack ability), Backstab (attacks the back deal extra damage).
- Lucia Dawn is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 40% PHY, 60% Lightning. Specialty in Duel (has strong single attack ability), Mixed DMG (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG).
- Liv Lux is a support-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 20% PHY, 80% Lightning. Specialty in HEAL (has healing skills), Mixed DMG (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG)