Diablo Immortal released its first batch of post-launch content a few weeks ago. This week, they are Diablo Immortal is introducing the new Class Change mechanic, two in-game events, the deadliest Helliquary boss yet, new features, and much more. All of the items are listed below including Class changes and new features and will go live in Diablo Immortal with the 1.5.2 update on July 20th. Specific dates for content that will go live after that are listed below. Let’s get started!
Diablo Immortal 1.5.2 update: Class Change and new features
Your journey in Diablo games begins with an important decision: which class will you play as? We’re adding a new Class Change mechanic to Diablo Immortal to alleviate some of the pressure associated with this decision and to give players more flexibility in how they play.
After getting up close and personal with arcane forces as a Barbarian, you might be ready to sheathe your swords and manipulate arcane forces from afar as a Wizard. Class Change allows you to start over while retaining the majority of your previous progress. To begin experiencing Sanctuary as a different class, go to the Shifting Flames brazier in Westmarch. The following are a few rules concerning the Class Change mechanic:
- Class Change is available to characters starting at level 35.
- You may change your class once every seven days at no cost; there is also a one-time option to return to your previous class immediately, bypassing the seven-day waiting period. There are currently no plans to allow players to buy the ability to switch classes more frequently.
- When you switch classes for the first time, you can customize your character’s appearance and receive a complete reset of your Paragon Trees.
- When you first switch between classes, you will be given placeholder gear. The placeholder gear will be of the same rank as the previously equipped gear of your previous class.
- All Clan, Warband, and other social group memberships will be carried over.
- Some class-specific cosmetics and gear will be lost if you switch classes. Your previous class’s gear will be available in your inventory. Any cosmetics owned for a class will be retained and available when switching back to it.
Gather all your grit and tenacity, because the journey ahead holds both untold glory and righteous rewards. Hero’s Journey is a new end-game experience that becomes available to adventurers during the main questline’s Frozen Tundra section. Hero’s Journey, which consists of four chapters with two more planned for the future, will send you to complete mettle-testing objectives that increase in difficulty as your Paragon Level increases.
If you can prove you’re up to the task, a plethora of rewards awaits you at the end of each chapter. Large sums of gold or platinum are available, as are Aspirant’s Keys, Legendary Crests, and even the Glorious Journey Portrait Frame.
Adventurer’s Path Limited-time Event
Few people in Sanctuary are brave enough to stand up to the darkness and risk their lives for the defenseless. But you, adventurer, have dedicated your days to thinning out the ranks of the Burning Hells, ushering in safety where all hope had previously vanished. The oppressed look up to you, and you must continue to serve them by following the Adventurer’s Path.
From July 20 at 3 a.m. server time to August 3 at 3 a.m. server time, complete Adventurer’s Path tasks to earn gold, enchanted dust, and scrap materials for your heroics. Completing enough tasks will also unlock milestone rewards for you:
- Upon completion of eight tasks: Keys for Aspirants
- After completing 16 tasks: The Adventurer’s Laurel Portrait Frame.
- After completing 20 tasks: One Legendary Crest.
New Helliquary Boss: Gorgothra The Claimer
Rayek has discovered another! But he’ll need the help of a few hardened adventurers to deal with this massive and impossibly ancient threat. Gorgothra is the third Wrathborne demon to afflict Sanctuary. She has won the worship of countless demons over the ages, but she is no stranger to battle—her petrification rays, bilious venom, and serpentine strikes dwarf Lassal and Vitaath’s power.
Do you have the demon-slaying skills required to defeat Gorgothra’s wrath? Or will you become just another ossified corpse in her lair? Gather your troops at the Helliquary, because Gorgothra will appear on August 2.
Hungering Moon Limited-Time Event
The moon has returned for a few seconds and demands more blood… possibly even yours! Gaze at the moon, bask in its sacred light, listen to its howl for sustenance, and lunar-laced blessings will be bestowed upon you. Meeting the moon’s requirements will earn you Moonslivers, which can be exchanged for Blessings.
After obtaining seven Blessings, you will have accumulated enough goodwill with the moon to exchange them for a random reward such as Enchanted Dust, Glowing Shards, or Legendary gear. If you bless the moon enough, it will reward you with its favor—a bundle containing one Legendary Crest and more. From July 29, 3:00 a.m. to August 1, 3:00 a.m. server time, we welcome brave adventurers to assist in satiating the moon’s hunger.
Amber Blades Cosmetic Set
The Amber Blades is one of the most powerful desert gangs vying for control of Shassar, and they are far less vicious than their main rivals, the Sand Scorpions. The Blades condemn the Scorpions’ forced labor and caravan attacks, and they seize every opportunity to thwart their most heinous plans. Only Amber Blades know whether this approach is a matter of morality or a recruiting strategy.
With the Amber Blades Cosmetic Set, you can protect yourself from the sun’s unforgiving rays while trekking through an unforgiving sea of sand.
If you’re looking for the most recent round of hotfixes and bug fixes for Diablo Immortal across all supported platforms, you can find them here. Visit our known issues blog for PC-only hotfixes, bug fixes, and patch notes. We hope to see you in Sanctuary! -Team Diablo Immortal
Diablo Immortal 1.5.2 update: New in-game features
- Completing a weekly Warband Raid now allows you to purchase an Eternal Legendary Crest for 1600 Platinum from Jondo Mouren, the Crest Merchant in Westmarch.
- The cap on Fading Ember has been raised from 200 to 280.
- 22 Fa Runes can now be exchanged for an Eternal Legendary Crest.
New Monster Affixes
- Hell: Calls forth a defensive shield that prevents life loss until it is destroyed.
- Siphon: Directs a draining beam at a single target, slowing and draining Life to heal for five seconds.
- The ability description has been changed to read: When you defeat an enemy, a dark beast attacks nearby enemies, dealing X% base damage. This cannot happen more than once every X seconds.
Blood Soaked Zade
- The ability description has been changed to read: Increases all damage you deal by up to X% while at full Life, with a minimum bonus of Y% while at low Life. Increases your movement speed by Z%.
Diablo Immortal 1.5.2 update: 36 new Class Legendary items
Along with Class change and new features, Diablo Immortal introduces thirty-six new class legendary items. This round of Legendary Items is primarily intended to give players more opportunities to use damage over time effects. We can’t wait to see how these affixes change your builds or introduce new playstyles.
- Compromise is Loss: Ground Stomp now rips the ground open, dealing damage to enemies in front of you. A maximum number of X charges.
- Doom of the Cowed: Wrath of the Berserker now immediately reduces the Movement Speed of all nearby enemies by X percent when activated.
- Five Fresh Claws: Whirlwind now shreds armor, increasing all damage taken by enemies by X percent, stacking up to five times.
- Lunatic Twin: When frenzy is fully stacked, each attack deals X damage to all enemies in front of you. Cannot happen more than once every Y seconds.
- Paste and Powder: Hammer of the Ancients now drops hammers in the targeted area multiple times at random.
- The Trembling: Undying Rage also boosts your Movement Speed by X%.
- The Forgotten Savior: Falling Sword now summons flames from the heavens to burn enemies.
- Torrential Refrain: Condemn now explodes all of its damage on enemies it hits.
- Daybreak: Consecration now protects you and nearby party members, reducing damage taken by X%.
- Equal Portions: The Sacred Chain no longer constricts enemies, instead forming a chain of flames between them that burns any enemies that touch it.
- Stare of Wroth: Shield Glare now burns enemies for X damage over Y seconds in Stare of Wroth.
- Heaven Squints: Judgment summons a continuous beam of light from the heavens that moves under your command.
- Hunter-Gatherer: When activated, Escape now fires X homing rockets at nearby enemies, each dealing Y damage.
- Murdermost: Vengeance now increases your critical strike chance by X% but costs you Y% of your life every second.
- Pinpoint Overflow: Multishot now fires all arrows in a specific direction and can hit the same enemy multiple times.
- Puncta Obscura: Impale now inflicts X damage over Y seconds on enemies.
- Scrapdacks: Knife Trap now scatters multiple mines that explode when stepped on, but it no longer has the ability to have multiple charges.
- Suit Mordant: Smoke Screen now hurls an acid bomb that continuously damages enemies.
- Endless Trial: Imprisoned Fist now launches punches in a random direction while chanelling. Using Imprisoned Fist consumes its energy slowly, which recovers while Imprisoned Fist is not in use.
- Numb Realization: The Exploding Palm Bleed effect is now more likely to be detonated by other attacks.
- Pugilist’s Presence: Seven-Sided Strike now attacks in the same direction repeatedly, knocking the enemy back each time.
- Rattling Arm: Wave Strike transforms into a pneumatic ball that draws in and continuously damages enemies.
- Starving Mosquito: Flying Dragon damage increased by X percent for each enemy hit, up to a maximum of Y percent.
- Typhlot Robe: Cyclone Strike now causes a sandstorm, reducing enemy vision and dealing damage.
- Arc of Misery: Bone Spirits hits a wall, it now bounces.
- Cloak of Quills: Bone Armor now continuously damages nearby enemies but no longer protects them.
- Hissing Skin: Grim Scythe now increases all damage dealt by X percent for each enemy hit, up to Y percent, for Z seconds.
- Shared Service: Bone Armor now reduces your continuous damage by X%.
- Studied Menace: Corpse Lance now causes enemies to decay and deals X damage for Y seconds.
- Vesperguard: Skeletal Mage now shoots continuous rays at enemies.
- The Aimless One: Arcane Torrent now fires missiles at random enemies around you.
- The Enervators: Ray of Frost now creates an ice shield every time it damages an enemy, absorbing X damage and stacking up to 10 times.
- Fireflurry: Scorch now hurls a ball of magma that explodes when it collides with an enemy, creating a pool of magma that Burns and Stuns enemies.
- Ninety-Nine Wild Arcana: Arcane Torrent damage increased by X%.
- Waking Invocation: Ray of Frost now creates an illusion that directs a frost beam in the desired direction.
- Weathering Eye: Arcane Wind now reduces Movement Speed by X percent for Y seconds.
This new Diablo Immortal is massive, and hopefully this will bring more fun to the gamers still enjoying the game.